Video reveals hidden Tesla Model 3 details
By now, we all know the basic details about the Tesla Model 3: It will have a range of at least 215 miles per charge, it will go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 6 seconds or fewer, and it will have enough space to comfortably fit five adults. However, there are many details about the new car that Tesla never talked about during any of its presentations and Trevor Page has posted a terrific new video that reveals some of the car’s hidden features.
So what are some of the hidden features that Page found? Here are some highlights:
- The Model 3 has eight battery modules that are arranged lengthwise, whereas the Model S and Model X both use 14 battery modules that are arranged sideways. The video speculates this means that the Model 3 uses batteries that are larger overall than the ones in other Tesla cars and that it uses fewer overall batteries to keep the cost of the car down.
- The car’s motor, its transmission and its drive inverter are all located in between the car’s rear axle, just as they are in the Model S.
- There will be three different roof options for the Model 3: A Metal roof, fixed glass or panoramic glass.
- The car’s trunk opens just below the glass of the rear windshield, which means that its opening is a lot smaller than the openings of trunks on other cars. That said, the car also has a frunk that has a much larger opening and contains significant storage space. Storage shouldn’t be a problem with the Model 3, even if it doesn’t have as much space as the Model S.
- The car’s door handles are similar in style to the door handles used by Aston Martin: You push them in at the back so the handle pops out. Then you grab the handle and use it to push open the door.
These are just some of the cool revelations revealed in Page’s video. If you want to see the rest, be sure to watch the whole thing below.
By on bgr.com